12.13.2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I do really love to read! But, I have a little problem. When I read a book I usually can't put it down until it is done. I HAVE to know what happens next. I think I have mentioned this before and it doesn't really go with one of my recent posts about waiting, but I guess we all have bad habits. Anyway, my most recent read was "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." Holy cow what a thriller! The book is all the rave these days as a best seller. My mom actually read it first as a part of her book club and passed it on to me. When I first began reading I thought, "what is so exciting about this?" In fact, a friend asked me what it was about when I was early on in the book and I flipped it over to use the back summary to help me explain and the summary was about something I hadn't even read anything about yet. So, if you can get through the first few chapters, I promise you won't want to put it down! To give a brief summary, a journalist is recruited to look into a 40 year old locked room mystery of the disappearance of a young girl. The girl's uncle hires the journalist for big bucks to work on it for a year to try to solve the seemingly unsolvable disappearance. The one slight downfall is that it is by a Swedish author, so the names and locations can be a bit hard to follow. But, if you are like me and just make up your own pronounciations and such, you'll get through it. There are so many great twists and turns and many mouth dropping moments. I love a good mystery and this definitely ranks near the top of my list of good mysteries. I will warn that there is sex and language and it is not appropriate for less than adults, but the mystery part is just fabulous. There are 2 more books in the series and I can't wait to not put those down either!

No comments: