Surprising to many of my current friends I'm sure, I have always been a big music person. Not sure if anyone has done a multiple intelligences test, but every time I do one, I almost always get a perfect score in music. I played the trumpet from 5th grade through my senior year and absolutely loved it! I also took piano lessons for several years and guitar lessons as an adult. I loved marching band and took great pride in being first chair and having solos. I also got to play in the pit band for our school's production of Annie. If I hadn't loved basketball so much, I probably would have attended a university and tried out for the marching band. Other than a trumpet trio with two of my students for the school talent show a few years back, I haven't played my trumpet all that much since high school. I always say I'm going to pick it up again and play at church, but I just haven't taken the leap yet.
So, during our trials with infertility I found most comfort through songs, mostly Christian songs. At the top of my list is "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman. My favorite part is at the end...
'Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You'
...because I trusted that there really would be an end to our infertility troubles and God would give us a child somehow.
While I was pregnant (and slightly more emotional) we were singing that song in church one Sunday and I got majorly choked up because a couple whom we are great friends with had shared they were struggling a bit to conceive, as well. I just cried and cried as we sang that song in church because I didn't want them to go through what we did. I prayed for them and hoped for a child for them and once again God brought an end to their troubles and their child was born just a couple months ago.
I am not afraid to share our story and the more I do, the more I hear about so and so's brother and sister in law who are struggling with infertility and this person's friend from California...and another friend's sister. There are so many couples out there who yearn to have children and can't right now for some reason. I pray for those couples that I don't know and the ones that I do. It is especially hard for me when it is a friend. I have a hard time not crying whenever I hear about it. But at the same time, I know that God has a plan. And He WILL provide. Psalm 37:4 'Delight yourself in the Lord and He WILL give you the desires of your heart!' So if that is you struggling to conceive, have faith! Trust God's plan for you! And if you need someone to talk to who has been there, let me know! And maybe check out that song!
No comments:
Post a Comment