Once upon a time I was a teacher of mostly middle school students. I LOVED my job and the students I got to work with. I always took great pride in their achievements and I enjoyed when they shared about their extracurricular successes. As each year passed, students moved on to high school and new ones came in. I liked following my former students in their activities in high school and I still took great pride in reading or hearing about their achievements. Now, my first class of students are in their third year of college and I am no longer a teacher. But, thanks to facebook and cell phones I can stay in touch with many of them! Recently one of my former students told me that several of them read this blog! Hi! I can't say how excited I was to hear that my former students care about what is going on in my life as much as I do theirs. I feel honored and like I made a difference.
And, I have very talented former students! Just this year I have 11 former students who qualified for the All-State Music Festival! Way to go! I have had many more qualify in the past, too. One of my former students was Homecoming Queen this year, one placed 6th at the state cross country meet, and one was a part of a state championship basketball team last March! I have a former student who is an opera singer, one who is currently a foreign exchange student in Peru, and one is leading an upcoming missions trip at his church. I knew my students were talented when I had them in class in middle school, but I am always amazed at their accomplishments as they get older!
So to all my former students (all 238 of you), I miss you, thanks for reading my blog, and thanks for keeping in touch! I love hearing about your successes and seeing you all grown up! Keep it coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment