11.22.2010
Thankful for Friends
Even though we should all be thankful every day of the year, tis the season to be thankful. Last Saturday we had the privilege of attending a birthday party for our great friends' 1-year-old son. The party included 8 families which brought 10 children under the age of 3 (and another on the way). It was an absolute blast! Near the end of the party we managed to get all but the sleeping 3 month old on the couch for a picture! Some of them even had their party favor sunglasses on!
As I look at this picture, I feel so fortunate to have such great friends in our lives. We met all of these people at New Covenant Bible Church (for which I am also very grateful). All of these families (and a few more that couldn't attend the party, but whom I include as a part of this group) were without children when we met and new to their marriages. As you can see, we have all blossomed. I have really enjoyed growing my marriage, my family, and my relationship with Christ with all of these people. I love that we can gather as families, as women, or as men and find something in common. I love that these kids will be Aria's friends at church as she grows up. Being a stay at home mom, I am very grateful to these friends for organizing play groups and play dates, Bible study groups, and family get togethers. I would not make it on my own. I appreciate all the answers I've received from the moms with kids older than mine and I love trying to answer questions for those with younger ones. I know I could count on each and every one of these families to help us in any time of need and I would do the same for them. Friends, we are so fortunate to have you in our lives and I just wanted you to know that I am so very thankful for your friendship!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love our little expanding group! Thanks for coming to Levi's party, he had a great time! :)
Post a Comment