8.23.2012

XYZ

I told myself I wasn't going to do this, but it has been so long since we even did anything for the letter of the week, I am just going to combine XYZ.  I didn't want to do it because when I searched for things for those letters so many of them were combined and I wanted them separated for my three separate weeks.  Turns out I didn't really do a whole lot for the letters, so oh well.  These activities (or lack of) happened back in the middle of July, so forgive me if I can't remember much.  That may also be because we didn't do much.  I really enjoyed doing the letter of the week with Aria and I am even considering doing it again at some point with a little different focus, but I just burnt out and got distracted by a busy summer.

Bible: I don't remember doing anything in particular for X or Y, but Zaccheus starts with Z!  That is a story (and song) Aria knows very well!

Activities: During X week, I bought Aria a xylophone.  She absolutely loves it.  Not only did she play all X week long, but still plays it almost every day.  Definitely a great investment.  The other day I heard her playing it in rhythm with Twinkle, Twinkle!

During Y week we made bracelets and necklaces out of yarn.  Aria didn't really want to learn how to braid or tie yarn together like I was doing.  Instead she just wanted to tie one piece into a bracelet...and another and another and another. 

We were in St. Louis during Z week and we went to the zoo and saw zebras.  It just doesn't get much cooler than that! 

People We Know: Zoe

Foods We Ate: I only remember yellow squash and zebra pudding (recipe found in Aria's Wild Animal Baby magazine). 

 I didn't take my time enough on the stripes, but it is just chocolate pudding, cool whip, repeat.  I put chocolate chips on top.  It was delicious!

Pictures to color: xylophone, x-ray, yak, yo-yo, zebra

Books:  I deleted my list of X books, but I remember something about a fox.
     It's Z!
     My "xyz" sound box
     An XYZ adventure in Alphabet Town  
     Yellow foods  
     The yippy, yappy Yorkie in a green doggy sweater 
     Yoshi's yard : the sound of Y   
     Zebra  
     Zoomer
     ZooZical

Songs: Zaccheus, Your Personal Penguin, Yes We Have No Bananas, You Never Let Go

No comments: