11.25.2013

For the Love of Books


It has been awhile since I took this picture, but I still had to post it.  Aria doesn't take a nap every day and apparently some days even her own efforts to stay awake are thwarted.  I have actually found her this way multiple times during her rest time.  My other favorite I haven't been able to get a picture of because it is while she is still awake.  She often lays in her bed with one ankle propped up on the other knee and a book propped up on the little back rest it creates.  Sometimes she tells the stories to her stuffed animals.  Other times she looks at the books quietly.  And sometimes I can tell she is trying to read them to herself.  It is not uncommon to find 5 books in her bed once rest time is over.  Obviously she can still fall asleep when she really needs to. 

I love that we share a love for books.  We both could sit on the couch for hours and read.  I love reading to her and I love to see her learn and imagine and delight in a story.  I am excited for the day when we can read the same books and discuss them with each other like I get to do with my mom.  The love for reading has easily been passed down through three generations in this family.  However, while I have caught Papa asleep on a book and Aria asleep with a book on her lap, once I am reading, it is awfully hard for me to put it down.  Justin can attest to some 4 am Harry Potter reading sessions from me.  But I can wait for those days to come for Aria.  Right now she can get her rest when she needs it!

No comments: