1.26.2014

So I Thought Blast Ball was Cute..

Now she is playing my favorite sport!


We called the rec department and asked for a special favor to join Hoop It Up basketball even though she missed the age cut off by a little less than two weeks.  She may be the smallest kid out there, but she doesn't notice.

And of course the only possible option to wear to Hoop It Up basketball is her basketball uniform.  This is the replica of my college uniform and what our flower girl wore in our wedding.


It just doesn't get much better!

First day comes along and Aria asked me if she would have to take turns and sit on the bench sometimes like Jaime did.  Then she said she would be number 25, not 24 like Jaime.  Then she asked what my favorite number was.  25.  What's yours?  25.

So we go to Hoop It Up basketball and I figured I would stay on the court and help her out.  She can't quite get it to the basket when she shoots and there are balls flying everywhere, but she was not one ounce afraid.  After we practiced a little bit, she says,

"Aren't you going to go sit on those chairs and watch me?"

Well okay then.

She had an absolute blast running around, trying to dribble, learning the bounce pass and the chest pass, and shooting.  She got hit in the face with the ball and didn't flinch.  She didn't come close to making a basket, but shooting was her favorite part.  I couldn't believe I was watching my girl play basketball, even at this very entry level.  I now have a glimpse of what it was like for all those parents to sit in the stands.  What an experience!

And when we got home, "Dad, will you come downstairs and shoot some hoops with me?"

The enthusiasm is beyond anything I've seen yet!  Wooo hooo for basketball!




No comments: