I go through these phases where I worry that "Aria isn't doing..." or "Aria hasn't..." I become obsessed with why she hasn't reached whatever milestone I think she should have, even if she is behaving perfectly normal for her age. The cool thing is, most of the time when I worry about such things, Aria starts doing them in the next few days! In the last week or two we have had a lot of cool new developments:
1. Aria hasn't been a fan of food with texture. She wants her solids finely pureed. Friday she ate a few Cheerios!!
2. Previously, any time I put food on Aria's high chair tray for her to try to eat as finger foods, she would just play with them and never put them in her mouth. Everything goes in her mouth, except the finger foods. Friday she ate a few Cheerios!!
3. Unfortunately, yesterday morning we discovered that we really do need to use soy formula. We tried switching back to the regular stuff and the result was a lot of puking. :(
4. After rolling over shortly after turning 3 months, I thought for sure we would have an early crawler, walker, etc. However, Aria has grown accustomed to her rolling mode of transportation and has become quite good at rolling several times in a row to get to what she wants and therefore has no use for crawling. Yet, in the past week or two we have started seeing...well...I'll call it forward movement. It isn't exactly your typical crawling, but it is not rolling, either! See the video and judge for yourself!
5. Aria has become a lot more aware of where things are and where they go when dropped or moved. She knows the sound of Daddy's car when he gets home from work and the back door when he comes in. She also sees him out the window from her high chair. Friday night, Justin was outside grilling and I was in the kitchen making a salad. We left Aria in the middle of the living room to roll and scoot around and in about a minute she came and found me in the kitchen!
6. Recently Aria has started "snuggling". She scoots her way to a blanket, a stuffed animal, a burp cloth, or anything soft and rests her head on it. It is sooooo cute! If only she would sit still long enough to snuggle with me!
7. Yesterday, after Aria felt better from her puking sessions, she held her own bottle for an entire feeding! She has previously shown no interest!
8. One of the days this week when Justin was going back to work after being home for lunch Aria waved bye-bye to him as he left!
I love watching all of Aria's new developments and I feel like she is getting "so old" every time she does something new. Boy do I have big surprises ahead of me!!
1 comment:
Watch out! You've got a crawler on your hands. Lots of kids do the "army crawl" before moving on to hands and knees crawling. She'll be going fast before you know it!
Post a Comment