So I created this blog awhile ago now and came up with this fancy title and have never really explained it. Maybe it doesn't need much explanation given all the posts I've written, but it has deep meaning rooted in the Bible and I want to share. My favorite verse(s) in the Bible remind so much of our experience with infertility.
Romans 5:1-5
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
(NIV)
Obviously the result of our faith, hope, and perseverance is our wonderful blessing, Aria. Obviously it took a lot of faith, hope, and perseverance on our part to have her in our life. Obviously we didn't have any control over our situation, only our emotions, attitude, and actions. Obviously our emotions, attitude, and actions ran the gamut. But looking back, nothing but our complete faith in God, the hope He gave us in His Son, and the perseverance to wait for His timing could have gotten us to where we are today. And, I'm sure nothing but our complete faith in God, the hope He gave us in His Son, and the perseverance to wait for His timing will guide us in parenting our precious child.
There are those out there who don't believe, who don't have faith, who don't have hope. My heart aches for them. Whatever pain or suffering you have, give it to God. He wants you to believe on Him, have faith in His plan. I wouldn't be where I am today without faith, hope and perseverance and I won't get wherever it is I'm going without it, either. Thank you God for the suffering you gave me. It certainly made me appreciate the result more than I could ever have dreamed of before.
1 comment:
Tremendous testimony Julie! Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us! Praise God!
Post a Comment