Random thought of the day....
Shortly after Aria was born, whenever I received the title question I answered in weeks. Actually, throughout my pregnancy when people asked how far along I was, I answered in weeks. Weeks were more fun to count than months. They go by quicker. I wrote down milestones in her baby book in weeks until about 15 or 16 weeks when I thought it was getting a little ridiculous. So, I switched to saying how many months. But even then I would say 4.5 or almost 6 or I just said 9 even if she wasn't quite there yet. Now my girl is 1 year old. Actually, she's 13 months. (Well she would be soon if February had 29 days.) So how old am I supposed to say she is when people ask my title's question? I feel like I shouldn't be counting in months anymore since we have surpassed a year, but I also feel like there is a BIG difference between a 12 month old, a 15 month old, an 18 month old, a 22 month old. At what point do you just say the year or the year and a half? I remember being a little kid and being so excited to say I was the next age older. I remember one specific scene at a restaurant on vacation where the waitress asked how old I was (probably because meals cost different at different ages). I hesitated and looked at my parents as if to say, "can I say how old I'll be in just a few weeks?" Then my mom had to explain why I didn't answer. So back to my original thought, what do I say when I am asked how old Aria is? Well, she is 1 year, 27 days, 18 hours, and 51 minutes! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment