4.26.2011

Boom Boom Boom

Mr. Brown is a wonder.
BOOM BOOM BOOM
Mr. Brown makes thunder

...said my husband, quoting one of Aria's favorite books, Mr. Brown Can Moo.  He spoke these lines in connection with the thunder and lightning we were experiencing outside a few days ago.  And what did my daughter do?  She searched high and low until she found her favorite book,  Mr. Brown Can Moo, and brought it to Dada to keep reading!  WOW!  I was so impressed by her recall and comprehension of what Justin was saying.  We do love to read books at our house.  We probably read in the range of 5-7 books a day.  As a teacher, I do know the importance of reading to your child, but when I can see the benefits first hand, it screams the importance even more.  I see other signs of comprehension from Aria, as well.  When a book mentions a body part, she often points to that body part.  One book talks about a good night kiss and we almost always get a good night kiss right before we arrive to that particular page and when we read those words.  Animal sounds accompany animal pictures, hands clap, feet stomp, 'jumping' occurs, and many other actions as they are read.  Oh it amazes me what she learns and how quickly it happens!  Hopefully, like her Mama, her love for books and reading goes on and on and on and on and on...

No comments: