Justin got me this penguin for Christmas in 2002, the second Christmas we celebrated when we were dating. As you can see, it now lives in Aria's room and she loves it!1.07.2011
Like Mother Like Daughter
I'm not sure where my fascination and love for penguins came from, but for some reason I have loved them for quite some time now. I've visited many penguin exhibits at zoos and aquariums, collected many different types of penguin paraphernalia, and apparently passed my love of them on to my daughter. One of Aria's first toys was "Penguin Pete". She still loves that thing. Of course she has plenty of other toys and we talk about all kinds of animals, but she seems to love penguins, too. I think the stark contrast of black and white makes them easily recognizable and most penguins look pretty similar compared to most dogs don't. I still find it pretty cool that Aria will point out penguins in books, on blankets, and in other places. I haven't determined if she has a word for them yet, but she definitely knows what they are!
Justin got me this penguin for Christmas in 2002, the second Christmas we celebrated when we were dating. As you can see, it now lives in Aria's room and she loves it!
Justin got me this penguin for Christmas in 2002, the second Christmas we celebrated when we were dating. As you can see, it now lives in Aria's room and she loves it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment