1.25.2011

One Nap or Two?

Between 5 and 6 months of age, Aria decided she didn't need her third nap anymore.  She never took a very long third nap anyway, but one day she just stayed awake and played in her crib for about 30 minutes.  Then did so the next day and the next day and the next day until I decided she must not need the nap anymore.  Now we are to that nap transition period again where I am about to go nuts trying to decide between one nap or two.  Aria hasn't given me any definitive signs this time around, either.  Just before Christmas, both of her naps were pretty short.  However, when I opted to skip the morning nap, sometimes she slept for 3 hours in the afternoon and sometimes only 1 hour.  The 1 hour days were not fun.  Then, all of a sudden, she started taking 2 great naps again.  Now we're back to 2 not so great naps.  And still, when we skip the morning nap she varies her sleep in the afternoon.  The biggest difference I notice in my child now, though, is that she wakes up happy from almost every nap.  So, I guess that means she has gotten enough sleep.  It sure would be nice for some sense of schedule if we could just go forward with one nap.  But, we'll stick out this week with 2 since I scheduled her birthday party around a 2 nap day!  :)  Then we'll see how a one-year-old likes taking just one nap! 

No comments: