1.22.2011

What am I doing this for anyway?

I actually tried to start a blog several times before I started this one.  Every time I did, I just didn't really know what to say.  As I said in my very first entry, my purpose of this is mostly to put stuff about Aria for those who don't get to see her every day like I do.  I think there are people out there who are interested in that.  But, in the beginning, it also turned into an outlet for me to tell our story about in vitro.  I'm not sure how interested people out there were in that, but it was really big for me.  In vitro was very hard for me to talk about throughout the process, throughout my pregnancy, and even after Aria was born.  But once I started blogging about it, my heart opened up and it became easy to talk about.  I'm not afraid to answer questions anymore and will gladly discuss it openly.  Once I got most of our story in blog entries (I'm sure there will always be more I could say), I shifted my focus mostly to what Aria is up to.  I think it will be fun to show her these entries someday when she understands what it is.  But sometimes I get caught up in what should I blog about?  I write so many blog entries in my head that I don't take the time to actually type out.  I could say that I don't have time or don't get to the computer, but most of the time it's just my choice.  I have many thoughts about books I read or news events or just random topics that interest me, but I often don't write about them because I don't think people will want to read my random thoughts.  But lately I've really discovered that I'm not keeping this blog for everyone else, I'm doing it for me.  I used to write a lot.  I can't really say I kept a "journal" because I didn't have one of those neat little books where I kept all my thoughts, but I just randomly wrote in many places.  And now I'm doing it again on this neat little website!  This blog helps me clarify my thoughts and reflect on things.  It helps me document what stages Aria is passing through.  And, it does give people a chance to catch up with our family.  I do know of a few friends and family that are far away that keep up with us this way...a big HELLO to you!  So, this blog I started 9 months ago, that I didn't know if I would keep up with, has turned into a really great thing.  At least for me!     

1 comment:

Erin H. said...

Love hearing your thoughts and reading your blog! It sort of keeps me in touch when we don't get to get into long conversations for a while. BTW - I have a friend who actually writes her blog from the perspective of her son. She's been doing it since he was born (now almost 3) and she found a way to have the blogs from the year printed and bound in a book (some service or website did it for her) that she can one day hand to him about what happened that year. Maybe you can find a way to print out some of the memories you're capturing.