I love fall! I am particularly happy with the recent weather we've been having and I love the changing colors, the pumpkins, the apples, soup in the crock pot, jeans (that finally fit), and hoodies! Don't get me wrong, I like summer, too, just not nearly like I love fall. However, Aria and I were looking at some pictures and videos from this summer...
(like this)
...and it got me thinking. Seasons really mean BIG change for us these days! We've now done 2 of every season in Aria's life and, oh my how different she is. Take the above picture for example. We bought this pool on clearance at the end of summer in '10. Aria sat in the pool twice last summer. I was going to post a picture, but we don't even have one because her use of the pool was so insignificant. She could only sit on her own. She wasn't even crawling yet...
(like this)
...again, what a difference a year makes! Sure, in the first year of life, a lot of development happens. Physical movement dominates the developmental milestones. Sitting in a pool versus running, jumping, and splashing around in one is a big difference. But what will our difference be next year? What picture will I be able to post of a 2.5 year old that is so different from a 1.5 year old? I can't even fathom where she'll be!
Needless to say, this changing of seasons is insanely fun! I wouldn't trade my job as a mom for anything in the world right now. I am having a blast! Watching Aria grow, learn, and change is a wonderful opportunity that I only get once. She's never going to be here again. Just today, as we were out and about running errands, I had at least 3 people tell me they wished their kids were that young again (meaning Aria's age). And, when they say that, I consider myself lucky! I don't have to wish. I have one just the right age! I don't know what having a 5-year-old or a 10-year-old will be like, but I bet I will enjoy those stages, too. But for now, in my favorite season of fall, a 20-month-old (today)will do just fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment