Twice a year, in our area, there is a ginormous consignment sale called Weetail. It is basically the biggest garage sale you've ever seen with only children's clothes, toys, and equipment. In my opinion it is a wonderful idea. For me, the consumer, it is quite the deal because I can get quality clothes for the upcoming season at a cheap price. For me, the future consigner, I think I'll be able to make some money on the things Aria has grown out of whenever I decide to sell them. I've only been to Weetail twice, but have come out big both times. I have pretty much purchased Aria's entire wardrobe for a season there. Rarely do I buy anything brand new, full price for Aria. She spills too much. She gets really dirty at times. And she grows out of things so quickly. The only time I do buy brand new, full price is if I need a specific item to complete an outfit or if it is just so stinkin' cute I can't resist it. Besides, with a shop-crazy aunt and a deal-seeking grandma, Aria certainly doesn't need me to buy her fashionable new clothes.
This fall, at Weetail, I lucked out because there were several pairs of pants size 18-24 months. Aria has short, little legs, but needs 24 months in the waist. So, 18-24 months is the perfect size. Aria really lucked out because I am claustrophobic. I wasn't going to look much at the toys because we certainly have plenty of those (and remember the aunts and grandmas), but it was a bit chaotic around the clothes section and I needed to get away. Aria also needed less confinement. So we went to test out the toys. Of course, Aria probably could have taken home every Elmo thing there, but what we did find was a super deal!
As I was trying to steer Aria away from a babyish Elmo toy, I spotted this piano. Aria has a new fascination with pianos, so I knew she would like it. I didn't see the price tag at first, but was deciding in my mind how much I would spend. I was trying to decide if $20 was too much when I found the card that said $6. I couldn't believe it! I looked at it at least 5 times to make sure it didn't say $60 or was not the right card for the toy. Nope...$6! Best deal I've got! Aria LOVES the thing. Hasn't stopped talking about it since we brought it home. It is in excellent condition and has a bunch of great features. Besides the 8-key piano and 2 drums you can see, there are buttons to press that make the piano sound like several different instruments and there is a dance button. It calls out actions like jump up, stomp your feet, and clap your hands. Also, the yellow part folds down and converts it into a desk. It is the perfect size for her to stand there and color. It has buttons where you can press to learn uppercase letters, lowercase letters, shapes, numbers, and pictures to draw. The screen displays the letters, numbers, shapes, and pictures very well to learn from. As you can see, I'm pretty excited about this new toy, and so is Aria.
When Aria was first born, I went through a phase where I was going to buy everything new and of the best brands. After going through in vitro, I felt so extremely lucky to have this beautiful girl as my daughter and she was always going to have the very best. After about 9 months, reality set it. This child grows at a ridiculous pace and makes a lot of messes. I was spending way too much money for things that we weren't even using after 1 month. Good thing I came to this realization because if I hadn't, I never would have went to Weetail and Aria never would have got this piano (or I would have spent a lot more money for it!)

No comments:
Post a Comment