12.12.2012

Jesus Storybook Bible

Last week our local Christian book store had a "12 Days of Christmas" deal for the Jesus Storybook Bible for only $5.  I had heard a lot of great things about the Bible, but hadn't got it for us yet, thinking it was a little too advanced for Aria.  I figured $5 was too hard to beat and with so many friends' recommendation, I should purchase it even if we didn't use it for a year or so.

Just kidding...we can definitely use it now!  And it is phenomenal!  It is every bit as awesome as my friends have described it and more.  Aria has wanted to read from it every day, so I know she loves it, too.  It is as the title describes, a 'storybook' Bible.  It puts the Bible stories into more of a story telling format that very obviously appeals to Aria.  For example, the characters speak and God speaks to them.  That makes them come to life so much more.  But the best part is that it speaks God's love through every story.  It doesn't just tell the story and move on.  It is almost like having a study Bible for adults.  It helps kids recognize on their level what the story truly means.  We read Jonah this morning.  First of all, they way it pointed out Jonah's disobedience was exactly how Aria could understand it.  Then, it made sure to say that God still loved Jonah and no matter how much he tried to hide, God could always find him.  Awesome!  Then, at the end it tied in Jesus.  Jonah was a special messenger to the people of Nineveh.  Jesus was a special messenger to us; both spreading the news of God's love for us.

It is just so great!  I highly recommend you get a copy!

No comments: