12.19.2012

Winnie the Pooh

Last Saturday we took Aria to the play, "Winnie the Pooh and the Christmas Tail" at the Old Creamery Theater in the Amanas.  It was excellent!  It was our first adventure to that theater and we were highly impressed.  We had fabulous seats, second row in the middle, but I don't think there would have been a bad seat in the house.  Everything having to do with the actors and performance was really awesome.  Personally, I thought Eeyore was the best.  The guy really had the woe-is-me character perfect.  Of course, Aria's favorite was Winnie the Pooh.  The story was cut from the Winnie the Pooh movie in which Eeyore has lost his tail.  They set it on Christmas Eve for this play and cut out the 'back son' part from the movie.  Aria followed along very closely and was entertained the entire time.  The best part for her was the autograph/picture sessions you could have with the characters once it was over.  Yes, I am going to include her picture with each character because she was so excited about each one.  They all commented on her Pooh and Piglet shirt she had to wear to the show. 

I only have two small complaints about the theater.  The showtime was 11:00 am.  This is geared toward young audiences, people, why are you having a show during lunch time?  It didn't actually start until at least 11:15.  Then, there was an intermission from 11:45 to 12:00 and it was over by 12:15.  I thought it was very silly to have an intermission when such a short portion of play was left. 

That being said, we would still go to a children's play there again.  Aria had such an awesome time and the actors and show were done so wonderfully!  I just love the opportunities we get to share with our daughter!










No comments: