4.23.2013

The Cutting of the Hair

Aria got her first hair cut today.  It was rather impromptu, which resulted in no pictures to record the event.  What kind of mom am I? 

It started yesterday when I called to make an appointment to get my hair cut.  I learned my preferred lady had moved to a Cost Cutters and I couldn't make an actual appointment.  So today after swimming lessons, I decided to stop in.  She trimmed my hair while Aria entertained herself with her Leap Pad.  Towards the end of my cut, she asked if I had trimmed Aria's hair at all.  I have trimmed her hair a few times to attempt to even it out, but I hadn't done so for a long time.  I had been thinking Aria had some scraggly pieces and maybe it was time to get her a trim.  So, I asked Aria, "Do you want to get your hair cut, too?"  She gave an enthusiastic "yeah" and up in the chair she went.  She thought she was pretty big stuff sitting in the chair and looking in the mirror.  She did a great job holding still and it was all over in less than 5 minutes.  I didn't even bring my phone in with me, so I had no opportunity for a picture.  Oh well. 

As soon as we left, Aria wanted to tell Justin she got a hair cut.  I knew he was in a meeting, so we couldn't call him.  When we got home we called grandma to thank her for a new magazine and to tell her about the hair cut.  And at supper, Aria declared her highlight of the day was getting her hair cut.  I never knew it would be so fun for her.  She has seen me get my hair cut a few times and she has seen me cut Justin's hair, so it may have been a right of passage into big girl hood for her. 

I really wish I had a picture.  Oh well, at least the date is now noted in her virtual life scrapbook! 

No comments: