4.10.2013

The Fruit of the Spirit

Our church has monthly "FX" nights, which stands for Family Experience.  I don't really know much about what it is like, other than what I hear from Aria. 

1.  There is a monkey named Steve with Pastor Seth
2.  They sing "We...are...the...redeemed!  We are the ones who are free!" And there are important dance moves not to mess up.
3.  She gets to go up on stage to sing.
4.  A lot of times she sees her friends there.

Justin takes Aria to FX night while I am volunteering with the middle school youth.  I think it is mostly geared towards elementary aged children, but Aria still has fun.  They have a character trait to focus on each month and some sort of activity we can do to practice that trait.  There is also always a memory verse to go with the lesson and if you memorize it, you get to put your name in a drawing for a prize the next month.  We've never done well with the memory verses.  I haven't figured out how to help a three-year-old memorize a verse.  Until last month.

In March, the character trait was self control.  The memory verse was....well, I'll just let Aria tell you...




This is quite possibly my favorite thing yet!  It was really easy to do Galatians 5:22 with Aria because there is a song from Seeds Family Worship for that verse.  Aria was all excited to hear about self control in a song, so she caught on quickly.  She has definitely learned the verse and the reference.  Sometimes she sings it and sometimes she just says it.  She did slip a little in the video, but usually she says all the "fruits" exactly right and in order.  She is quite proud of herself.  I am so excited to help her learn more verses now!