Back on October 2 (yes I am behind) we took a visit to a local, small airport. Small as in non-commercial. One of our preschool friends has her pilot's license and has flown airplanes there, so we had the inside connection! When I said we were visiting an airport, Aria instantly wanted to know if we would get to ride in an airplane. She definitely didn't inherit her mom's fear of flying. While I had to squash that hope, she was excited to get to climb in the airplane. I wasn't sure how much learning would happen for 3 year olds at an airport and I can't say there was a whole lot, but the experience was sure fun and memorable. I learned quite a bit from the lady who gave us the tour. And Aria was excited about seeing the different flaps move on the wings when you turned the steering wheel. It was a win. It's great to have friends with connections!

No comments:
Post a Comment