So I am almost a month late, but here is a barrage of fun from Aria's birthday!
These three pictures are from the day before her birthday when we made cake pops for her to take to preschool. We had a blast, they tasted great, and they looked decent enough.
We always open presents first thing in the morning. I didn't feel the need to post a picture of every present opened. If I had to pick which present was her favorite, it would be a close call between the Minnie Mouse dress and the Frozen book with cd.
They are kind of hard to see, but the clip on earrings were a pretty big hit, too. You can also see in her eyes here how much she was not feeling well.
After going to preschool, Justin surprised her at lunch (where she chose for us all to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches) and said he wasn't going back to work in the afternoon. We told her we thought we could go to the Children's Museum. But, she didn't want to go there because "it would take to long to drive there in the car." I guess 35 minutes isn't worth a fun place to play. So, she chose to go to the Science Center. We had a good time and still had time for her to get a much needed afternoon snooze.
Red Robin is still her restaurant of choice, but it wasn't as clear cut this year. At first I thought we would be going to Pancheros. Then, during the afternoon of her birthday she said she wanted to go to the Noodle place (Company), but eventually landed back at Red Robin. I guess their mac and cheese is the best. Don't you love her chocolate smile?
A fun grandparent present!
We also had numerous discussions about birthday treats. She originally wanted cake pops for preschool, a cake that evening when her grandparents came over, and cupcakes for her party on Saturday. I didn't think we needed 3 desserts. She really does like ice cream (or sprinkles) the best, so it was an easy sell to have ice cream and cake pops for dessert on her birthday and save the Minnie Mouse cake for her party with friends.
Playing her new Dora Carnival game from her aunt!
Poor thing really was not feeling well on her birthday, but she definitely enjoyed it none the less. We ended up going to the doctor the next day and learned she just had a nasty cough. She was spoiled and loved and created memories, just like a birthday should be!
No comments:
Post a Comment