2.20.2014

Yay a Snowstorm!

It only took until February 17 to get the snowstorm I have been hoping for all winter!  Sure, we have had lots of snow this winter, but we haven't had a bunch of snow at once and warm enough weather to go out and play in it.  I know plenty of people were not at all pleased with the snow this week, but we all had a blast in it.  We were outside for about 2 hours on Monday morning just playing.  The snow was all the way up to the bottom of the swing on her swing set.  It almost completely covered our fire pit.  It went to my knees in many places in our yard and as Aria said, "the snow is up to Augie's bottom."  As we were playing and I was staring at the very large mound alongside our driveway, I had a memory from my childhood.  One of my best friends lived in the country down a long lane that ended in a circular drive.  Her dad always made a huge mound of snow in the middle of the circle and we had fun making tunnels and forts in those mounds.  While our mound was not as big as those from my childhood, I still thought we could make a tunnel.  And as I predicted, Aria loved it!




And of course on Tuesday we went outside again and it was 50 degrees.  Aria insisted she have on all of her snow gear and it was a good thing because she was soaked from splashing in puddles and rolling around in wet snow.  She also rode her scooter and bike up and down the sidewalk fully clad in her snow clothes.  And it always amazes me to see the leaps in her abilities in things like bike riding after she hasn't done it for awhile.  They just grow up too fast!

No comments: