2.28.2014

Bob Books

Aria has really enjoyed her new found ability to read.  She is still in the beginning stages and we still follow our "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" book, but we also have found some books she can read on her own.  They are called Bob Books for Beginning Readers and we have almost the whole first set checked out from the library.  Aria is able to sound out and read every word in the books and they are silly stories that make her laugh.  It is a win win situation!  The only difficult part is getting her to read for someone other than me.  We have finally accomplished reading to Daddy, but whenever we suggest doing it for anyone else, no way.  Aria doesn't like a big deal made about herself, which is a good thing, but it is hard to convince her to do something when she knows people will cheer or be excited for her after she does it.  I finally convinced her to let me record her reading a Bob Book.  This is not the first time she read the book, so we are in danger of some memorization, but it had been several days since she read the book.


I do try to be calm in my praising, but man it is so fun to hear her read!  I love her sense of accomplishment and the window of opportunity it opens for her to enjoy books even more.  She and I definitely have the same reader's gene, so I know we will be enjoying books together for a long time!

No comments: