On Saturday, Aria was the flower girl for Jena's wedding!
It is pretty cool that we got married in the same church, with one of the same pastors and had our receptions in the same place (only it is now highly renovated and way more beautiful than 7 years ago)! And, a random side fact, Jena and I lived in the exact same freshman dorm room, 8 years apart!
I think my favorite point of the weekend is that our friendship has now transcended through generations. I first met Jena because of her sister Ashley about 14 years ago when Jena was in third grade, Ashley in first grade, and I was a junior in high school. During my free period, I volunteered in Ashley's classroom and we struck up a friendship. And, those girls have been so very dear to my heart ever since. I love them as though they are my sisters. People always ask me how I know them or even how they are related and I never know what to say because they aren't family, but they are in my heart. I had to watch them grow up from afar because I went away to college and never came back, but we never lost touch and I am so thankful we still remain close! I was very touched when Jena wanted Aria to be in her wedding!
Some of my other favorite moments from the festivities include:
- Aria was the flower girl with the three children of one of my very best friends from middle and high school. Layne is cousins with Spencer, so it worked out great! It was so fun to have our kids together and to catch up! Lily sure took a liking to Aria and made it her duty to show her around.
- Someone else who took a special liking to Aria was Gavin, a young man Camryn's age and good friend of Jena's family. It was so cute to watch him follow her around, put his sunglasses on her, and talk to her. Gavin, someday you will make a great daddy!
- I'm a sap and I love it when other people show their emotions, too. I know it was pretty darn hard on Jena's parents and sisters to give her away to Spencer, but I liked seeing the love and bond their family has. It won't go away, guys, it'll just be different.
- Spencer and Jena have officially been together for about 7.5 years. However, I remember teasing Jena about boys when she was in 4th grade and she told me she like Spencer. This is a love made to last, folks!
- Of course, who can't love a beautiful bride marrying the man she loves and having all the plans, beautiful decorations, and loads of friends showing up to make the day come together.
- Jena has worked for an auction company in the summers, so before the dollar dance, the auctioneer came up and auctioned off the first dance with the two of them. It was just a hoot!
- Aria learned how to say Ashley (A ee) and Jena (Nena) and hasn't stopped since.
- Jena walked down the aisle to the same song that I did, Pachelbel's Canon, only she had a cool uncle who played in on the guitar for her!
- They had a kid's buffet! Aria chowed down on 2 plates of mac and cheese. Great idea, guys!

No comments:
Post a Comment