Yes, green oatmeal is what we had for breakfast this morning! No, it did not contain any mold or even spinach for that matter. It was regular oatmeal with a little green food coloring to spice up our morning! Most of the time, when asked what color something is, Aria responds with ye-yow. It must be her favorite. So, I have been making sure to label the colors of everything lately to expand her color horizon. The past two mornings I have color-coordinated her cup, bowl, plate, and utensils so we could talk about that specific color. Today, it randomly crossed my mind to color the oatmeal, too. Aria thought it was great! She laughed and had fun pointing at all the green items saying, neen. Success!
Aria was never much of a mushy substance eater, once she could have more solid things. It has been a chore for me to get her to eat oatmeal, ever. I had actually given up on making it for her until she wanted to try mine one day recently. She liked it and I have been making it more lately. She still usually doesn't eat much, but today she chowed down 3 helpings! It had to be the color effect! It also helps that I add applesauce and a little brown sugar. Unfortunately, when Daddy (prompted by me) asked her what color her oatmeal was this morning, she still said, ye-yow. So, it was a short-lived success. I guess that means we'll just have to do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment