For the past two years, our church has joined in the "Advent Conspiracy" described in the above video. Each year, our church family has given thousands of dollars to help build wells to provide clean drinking water, mostly in India. We are participating in it again this year and I encourage anyone else to do so, as well.
I've been on board the past two years, but for some reason this year it has hit me even harder. People don't have water. Water. I waste gallons upon gallons of water each day. I take it very much for granted and there are people who die because they don't have it. I've really started thinking about when I stand in the shower too long or leave the water running to rinse off dishes or have my obsessive compulsive cleaning moments where I must wash all tiny specks of dirt off the sink. I realize I can't send my clean water to them, but I can participate in Advent Conspiracy and buy one less gift and then donate money to help build wells to provide clean drinking water. There isn't anything anyone in my family needs more than helping others get a basic need.
No comments:
Post a Comment