12.03.2011

Strong Daddy

Every kid needs a great dad.  And if I may say so, my kid has an amazingly great one!  Justin is the ultimate provider.  He would do anything to make sure Aria and I have all that we need a ton of what we want, too.  But the key is, he doesn't just go to work to provide for our family financially.  Justin cares for Aria and is involved in her life in ways that I can't be.  Take this video for example...



We had some friends over this weekend to hang out.  The kids played and so did the dads!  What you just watched, I definitely could not do.  I could throw her up maybe two or three times and I'd be done.  But daddy is very strong and he can do it over and over and over!  Not only that, but daddy flies Aria around the house, makes up silly songs and dances, puts her pants on his head during diaper changes, and makes tunnels and tents to play in.  Sure, I could do all that stuff, but it is not the same as daddy.  He also has a softer spot when Aria is crying in the middle of the night or when she wants a snack or milk.  He is more cautious when she is in the danger zone of falling or hurting herself.  While we make parenting decisions together and have a lot of routine in our house, daddy and mommy are different.  And that is a wonderful thing! 

I am so thankful for a husband who goes to work while we stay home and play, but also comes home with plenty of time to play, too.  I am so thankful for a husband who will gladly do the dishes, change a diaper, and cook supper if needed.  I am so thankful for a husband who is a strong provider, grounded by his faith, yet able to melt at the drop of a smile from his adorable little girl.

No comments: