9.19.2012

Crafts

A friend of ours posted pictures of a really fun craft she did with her daughter who is the same age as Aria.  It involved fall leaves and I thought Aria would love it, so I bought the supplies and gave it a try.  The idea is the put tissue paper on contact paper and then stick it on the window and the sunshine makes it look like stained glass.  I made some leaf shapes and cut small squares of red, yellow, and orange paper.  Aria's task was to put the tissue paper on the contact paper. 


She did one leaf, but kept asking for the glue.  She didn't want the paper to be sticky already.  Then, when we ran out of tissue paper squares she saw me cut some more.  Apparently, cutting trumps any activity because she immediately wanted to cut.


Hey, cutting builds fine motor skills, right?  She did help put more tissue paper on more leaves, they just weren't nice little squares with her cutting skills. 


I neglected to take a picture of our window of leaves, but you can kind of see the finished product as she puts it up here.  They are quite pretty and we did have a good time, it just took a little different direction than I expected.  Thanks for the creative idea Whitney!

No comments: