9.09.2012

The Light

Last week Aria joined us in the regular church service instead of going to the nursery.  It turned out to be the perfect week for her to come because we sang one of my favorite songs, "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman.  That song was my motto throughout our trials with infertility.  I posted about it here.  In case you don't want to go read that post from two years ago, the verse that I held on tight to is:

Yes I can see a light that is coming
For the heart that holds on.
There will be an end to these troubles,
But until that day comes,
Still I will praise You
Still I will praise You! 

Of course the light that I saw was Aria.  But last Sunday I saw that light shine even brighter as Aria sang the song herself.  She stood there in the worship center and belted out the words right along with everyone else.  It was the cutest thing and the greatest thing I've ever seen!  I thought back to how many times I stood in church and sang that song with tears streaming down my face, hoping I would get to hold my baby someday.  And all of a sudden, I was standing there watching my baby (not so much a baby, though) sing that song!  She knew all the words, too.  Since then, we've had to "sing the 'Oh No' song together" as a family a lot.  She really got her mommy's love of music and I'm so glad she likes that song so much, too. 

Thank you, God, for never letting go of me!  Please help me to teach Aria that you will never let go of her and when she faces troubles to look for the light, hold on tight, and praise You! 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Beautiful!