This morning, as we were driving to MOPS, I was once again blown away by the beauty of the trees with their fall colors. Everything is just absolutely gorgeous here right now. I don't remember a fall as colorful as this one. Aria and I were pointing out trees that were our favorites and guessing which ones would be Daddy's favorites. Aria likes the deep reds/almost purple. I like the bright red. Justin likes the yellows and oranges. It makes for a nice combination in our family. Anyway, as I glanced out into a forest of multi-colored trees, I actually got a little choked up. God makes the trees so beautiful for such a short time each year, right before they die for the winter. If God makes the trees that beautiful for just a few weeks, how much more beautiful does He make me all year long? I am His creation who He claimed as very good! It reminds me of Matthew 6:28-30
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"
I know it doesn't match perfectly with my beautiful fall trees, but how often do I worry about how I look, if I have the right clothes or hair cut. Look at these beautiful trees, who in a few weeks will drop all those leaves. In my opinion, nothing tops their beauty. But in God's opinion, I do. And all of His children do. He made me more beautiful than those trees and He wants me to share His beauty with others to bring Him glory. Wow! No wonder I got tears in my eyes.
Thank you, Lord, for the beautiful trees and for the beautiful lesson you provided today through the Holy Spirit guiding my thoughts and heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment