It happens every fall. The darkness creeps up on us. The complaints of early darkness and the upcoming winter begin. 'Tis the season. But this year, Aria is noticing the change and is actually pretty excited about it. You just don't get to see the moon much in the summer when 8:00 pm is your bedtime.
Last week, we made an evening trip to the grocery store. It was still fairly light on our way there, but dark on our way home. Riding in the car Aria says to me, "Mommy, it's dark out! But it's okay. God can still see us."
Where does she come up with this stuff? Such insight from someone who has lived on this earth 28 less years than me. We read the Bible. We talk about God and Jesus and the things He did and still does for us. But I've never made a statement quite like that.
I think I responded with something like, "Yes He can always see us!" That was it for her or at least as much as I can read her mind, but I kept right on thinking about it. God can still see us. He can always see us. And hear us. And love us. It got me thinking...
God can see me when I'm scared of the unknown and He will give me strength.
God can see me when I'm lost and He will help me find the right path.
God can see me when I'm hurting and He will comfort me.
God can see me when I hold a grudge and He will bring it to my knowledge and help me repent.
God can see me when I'm impatient and he will give me perseverance.
God can see me when I try to take control and He will show me He is always in control.
God can see me when I feel inadequate as a parent and He provides me lessons from the little girl He put in my care.
I could go on and on with examples I've thought of where it's dark out, but God can still see me. Such a simple statement; such a powerful thought.
God can also see me when it's light.
God can see me when I worship Him and He delights in it.
God can see me when I love others and He will help me give Him the glory.
God can see me when I read the Bible and He answers my questions through His word.
God can hear me when I pray and He responds with exactly what I need.
God is always there. He can always see, always hear. It's something I've known for a long time, but the reminder has never been better. Thank you, dear daughter, for teaching me how much God truly loves us.
No comments:
Post a Comment