10.15.2012

While Daddy's Away...

It might seem strange to do something special when Daddy's gone for the weekend.  After all, every day is when Daddy is away, but not on the weekend.  Aria loves Saturdays and Sundays when Daddy doesn't have to go to work.  She always tells me on those mornings, "You know what?  Daddy doesn't have to go to work today!!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!"  So when Daddy went on a retreat with the middle schoolers last weekend, I thought I should arrange some special fun for Aria. 

We started our day by sleeping in!  I was quite pleased with that!  Then we headed to the Iowa Children's Museum to play.  We ate lunch, rode the carousel, and went shopping in Target before heading back home.  For supper we had a fun picnic in the basement, complete with popcorn, M&Ms, and Winnie the Pooh.  Even though we missed Daddy, we survived quite nicely!

No comments: