2.19.2013

Basketball

This afternoon, Aria wanted to go downstairs to "shoot some hoops."  First of all it cracks me up to hear her say that like she is a teenager.  When we get downstairs, she informed me that I was Morgan, she was Jaime, and Augie was Coach Weesa Bwooder.  We were Iowa Hawkeyes.  This brought a smile to my face for so many reasons.  First, I love how she says Lisa Bluder.  It is adorable!  Next, I love how she has developed a love for basketball.  I love that she loves the Hawkeyes and Jaime and knows so much about the team.  It make sense that she loves Jaime because I love Jaime, but I love that she has developed her own liking for a player in Morgan.  And most of all, it made me remember playing basketball in the hallway with my dad when I was a little girl.  I was always BJ Armstrong, my favorite Hawkeye, and he was one of the other members of the team.  There is even a newspaper article from my high school playing days with a reflection of me and my dad's games as Hawkeyes.  Such wonderful memories from my past and wonderful new memories being made!  I think basketball is officially a lasting tradition in this family!

No comments: