Dear Aria,
This blog has become my virtual scrapbook of all our adventures and daily life. I like to record the new things you are doing and saying, along with the fun activities we do and places we go. But somehow, June 2013 has escaped me. We changed all the calendars this morning to July and I'm not sure where June went. I didn't seem to have time to post about the fun things we did. So here is a recap, just for you.
You had swimming lessons in the pool by yourself for the very first time. You did Level 1 at Noelridge and your good friends Sophia and Evelyn were in your class. It was Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for 3 weeks. Well, 3 of the classes got rained/lightninged out, so it was more like 2 weeks. But you had a good time. You still aren't a fan of sticking your head under the water, but you'll get there eventually.
We went to the Robins Round Up parade and fun evening in the park. You always love parades and candy, even if the fire trucks are a bit loud. You had a blast in the bouncy houses, visiting the petting zoo, and having a picnic in the park with Grandma and Papa Blow.
We went to a puppet show at the mall called The Cinderella Files. It was a fun show where there was a funny cheese puppet that said, "Ha ha ha. Cheddar. Cheddar. Cheddar." Then we had a lunch date, just the two of us at Fazoli's, where you put spaghetti on your nose to look like a picture hanging on the wall there.
Recently, you've decided you like having your picture taken, especially with Augie.
And, you want to operate the camera yourself, too.
You can completely get yourself dressed and undressed these days. You are so grown up! I'm trying to let you pick out your clothes on your own, but some of your outfits make me cringe at how mismatched they are. You also really like wearing socks to bed, no matter how hot it is.
One day we went kayaking with Grandma and her friends at Lake MacBride. We paddled to a beaver dam, but didn't see the beaver. I think you like being in the boat a little more than I do. We also had a good time playing in the water and on the beach.
Just this past weekend we went to the Freedom Festival parade. You enjoyed seeing some mascots in the park before it started.
But your favorite part was watching the parade with your good friend Eadie.
We have done so many other things like playing outside in your pool, meeting friends at the park, and going to the library story time. We read and read and read and read books, which is my favorite thing to do with you.
So, forgive me, dear daughter, for not keeping up with posts about our activities. I have been using my time just keeping up with you! And I am having so much fun doing just that!
Love,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment