7.09.2013

The Eyes of E'veria

I just finished reading the first two books of The Eyes of E'veria series and a week later I am still wishing I was reading them!  They were that good!  First of all, the author, Serena Chase, is from Iowa and is related to the longest friend I've had.  Serena is my friend's cousin's sister-in-law.  Follow that?  Anyway, I think it is just a matter of time before these books take off.  They were only just released in March and April.  I hadn't been able to put the correct reference on the books, but when I passed them on to a friend, she described it as part fairy tale, part Lord of the Rings, and part Chronicles of Narnia.  That just about sums it up.  I won't give a synopsis because I will end up giving too much away, but here is a link to Serena Chase's website and you can read hear summary. 

I really love books such as The Lord of the Rings and the Chronicles of Narnia where you are taken to a totally new fantasy world.  In this series, E'veria is the fantasy world.  The main character is instantly easy to love, a teenage girl who has no idea who she really is.  Okay, so all teen girls don't know who they really are, so maybe that was why it was easy to relate.  But, I was drawn to the mystery of her identity right away and of course there is also the whole good versus evil battle, which even though good always wins, I have to know how.  I have to say I was surprisingly drawn to the whole fairy tale with chivalry and knights and such.  Normally I don't consider myself much into "girly" things, but this story seemed so natural and not so girly.  I think dating today could take some great lessons from the chivalry of the knights in this story.  I digress.  Probably my favorite part of the book was all the references to God.  He is never mentioned specifically by name, but it is obvious who He is.  He is often referred to as The First in the book.  I thought the whole story weaved around how important it is to trust God and know He will provide.  It also emphasized how we belong to Him first. 

There are two books out right now, The Ryn and The Remedy.  In a way, the story is complete in these two books, but she leaves a window open to a promise of more books.  I'm so glad these first two books came out so close together.  I couldn't put either of them down.  I spent too many nights up late reading and reading and reading.  I read for about 3 hours straight to finish The Remedy one night because I just wanted to know the whole story.  The excitement, suspense, and flow of the story are so well done.  They easily soared into my top five favorite series.  So if you like the fantasy world type of stories, I highly recommend these books.  Just be careful, you may not be able to put them down!

No comments: