8.02.2013

Blank Park Zoo

Aria got a free pass to the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines for her library summer reading program, so naturally we took four paying adults and our one free child to the zoo.  It was combined with our real reason for the trip to the middle of the state, The National Balloon Classic.  See above.  Anyway, it was our first trip to this zoo and it was a fun one!  We had to visit every animal and try out all the other fun stuff the zoo had to offer.  My favorite was the otters.  I just love them and could watch them swim all day.  Aria really enjoyed the prairie dog exhibit where she climbed through a tunnel into a little viewing area to see the prairie dogs.  She went in at lest three different times.  And everyone's favorite was the baby camel who happened to be born on Papa's birthday in May.  It was so adorable and so soft! I wish I could own a zoo!  They are so fun!  Definitely worth the visit!

I love it when the kangaroos, or in this case wallabies, roam around freely.  They are pretty adorable.  This one, however, is not real.  :)

The super fun prairie dog exhibit.

Always love family pics with everyone looking and smiling!

A ride on the carousel

A ride on the train

The adorable baby camel

A ride on a big camel

Feeding the fish

The fun otters


No comments: