Holy cow! What an amazing sight! I seriously could have just sat and stared at Niagara Falls all day. It is just so beautiful and powerful and it just keeps on going. I really loved the color of the river, bluish-green. I loved the rapids up river from the falls. I loved the gorgeous gorge down river. It is truly amazing and worth every mile, every penny to go see. Here are some of my favorite nature shots:
 |
| American Falls, viewed from Canada |
 |
| Horseshoe Falls, viewed from Canada |
 |
| From our boat ride, American Falls |
 |
| Cool little caves just past the Falls |
 |
| The view you get from the USA side of American Falls |
 |
| A part of the rapids up river from the Falls |
 |
| Water going over the edge of American Falls |
 |
| Looking down from the top of American Falls |
 |
| Small waterfalls near the river next to the bottom of the American Falls |
 |
| Bridal Veil Falls |
 |
| This is a good shot of Rainbow Bridge, where you travel from the US to Canada. |
 |
| This is down river from the falls just a little bit |
We were told the much better view is from Canada and that is exactly right. From Canada you can see each of the waterfalls from a full on front view. From the US you can only view them from the side. I would have been very disappointed if we had not seen them from Canada. We could see a front view from the boat ride we went on, but it was also inside the mist and we were at the mercy of the boat. It's not like we could just sit there for hours to view it.
Every day I thanked God for making this Earth so beautiful and for demonstrating his power in something like a waterfall. I was absolutely in awe. Aria absolutely loved it, too. She pointed it out every time we drove past or could see it from a different angle. Even an impatient, squirmy three year old could stop and stare for a little bit.
While man has made it into a tourist attraction, man did not make the Falls and that is what I think makes it even more beautiful. You can avoid all the tourist stuff and stop for just a day and view God's great creation for practically free (there's parking charges and toll charges on the bridge). Believe me, it is totally worth it.
I'm not going to add anything else to this post because the sheer, natural beauty of it stands alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment