Aria has a new love. Magic Tree House books. I had heard some friends talking about their kids' love for the books, so I thought we should check them out. The first one I actually checked out for her was a set of four audio books. She loves to listen to stories during her rest time, so it was a perfect introduction. She was instantly hooked. There are over 50 Magic Tree House books and in case you don't know what they are, each book involves an adventure for Jack and Annie, brother and sister who discover a magic tree house in the woods near their home in Frog Creek Pennsylvania. The duo go all over the world and into all parts of history. The stories are adventurous, mysterious, magical, and educational. We've learned about penguins, polar bears, Abraham Lincoln, Leonardo da Vinci, the deep sea, dinosaurs, dingoes, China, Japan, and India. I actually really enjoy them, too.
Because I started with audio books, we didn't start from the beginning in our reading, but it didn't really matter. I think the first books we listened to were 42-46. Then we went to the library and decided to check out an actual book. They are easy chapter books and can be read aloud in about an hour, at least the first few. We have listened to or read at least 16 Magic Tree House books and if we keep going at this rate, it would not surprise me if I have read or heard them all by the end of the year. But I am certainly not complaining. If there was one thing I hoped Aria and I would share a love for, it was definitely reading! And we are definitely there!
No comments:
Post a Comment