Back in April, when Aria asked Jesus to be her Savior, we purchased a white rose to recognize the event. That was on April 17. A few weeks later, the rose was pretty much dead and I was about to throw it out. However, I noticed two little sprouts growing off the original stem. They were not there when we purchased the rose, but they now had two little rose growing from them. This week, one of those new roses bloomed.
I find it incredibly amazing that the petals of the original rose have never fallen off even though they are dried. And, even more amazing, is the new growth of yet another beautiful rose. It reminds me of two verses.
"I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me--and I in him--bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing." John 15:5
"So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away --look, what is new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17
Such beautiful lessons from God's beautiful creation and the beautiful life we get to live in Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment