Grandma and Papa are willing to participate in whatever Aria dreams up and in most cases her imagination is quite extravagant. Last Sunday, I came downstairs to discover this:
They were playing Frozen, of course. The blue blanket is the ice and they are all dressed up in their winter gear. Note the date was June 1. I'm not exactly sure why Aria is wearing a pillowcase on her legs or why there is a border of luggage and toys around the ice rink or why Papa has to wear a girl hat and Grandma's hat is too small, but they were having fun. Even though I give them grief and it occasionally causes me to roll my eyes or grit my teeth, I do think it is wonderful that Aria has two people in her life who are always willing to say yes. Whatever she wants to play, whatever she wants to eat, wherever she wants to go, it is awful hard for Grandma and Papa to say no. But Aria knows she is loved and that is what matters most.
No comments:
Post a Comment