Despite being sick most of last week, we still got to take Aria to the Girl's State Basketball Tournament in Des Moines! We were supposed to go on Wednesday for the 4A quarterfinals, but she just wasn't well enough. By Friday for the semi-finals we decided to take the trip! It is kind of ironic that she was sick because we were going to take her to the tournament last year, but she had RSV and didn't get to go. So instead of her first time being 1 month of age, it was 1 year and 1 month of age...just a bit older than I was at my first state tournament experience at about 6 months. I love the state tournament and would go watch every game, every year if I could. I went a few times as a very young child and have been to at least one game pretty much every year since I was in 8th grade. I was fortunate enough to play in one game and coach in five there. It is a phenomenal atmosphere and I was so excited to share it with Aria! Aria did really well on the trip. She slept a little on the way there and was so excited to see where we were going that she wouldn't eat lunch (unless you count raisins and cheerios as lunch). Aria loved seeing the basketball and listening to the band! She got a little tired near the end and didn't appreciate my screaming in her ear as our favorite team hit a three pointer with seconds left to send the game into overtime. She eventually got over it, but was sad with Mommy and Daddy since our favorite team ended up losing. She slept most of the way home and the slept 13.5 hours that night (I think that is her all-time record). It was a great first experience and one that I hope we get to repeat for many, many years to come!
 |
| Driving lessons in the parking lot! |
 |
| Keeping her eyes on the game! |
No comments:
Post a Comment