6.30.2011

Another Recipe

Okay, this recipe isn't the new one I'll try this week, but it is still fairly new and we really enjoy it.  It is nice and light for summer and we like it either cold or hot.  I don't remember where I got it, but it has such a creative name! 

Pasta with Peas and Ham
¼ c. lemon juice
            ¼ tsp. black pepper
            1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
            ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
            ½ lb. farfalle pasta (bow ties for those like me who didn't know what that was)
            1 c. frozen peas (I use a few more than that)
            ¾ c. cooked ham

Combine lemon juice, pepper, olive oil, half the cheese, and a pinch of salt in a small container with lid.  Cover and shake well.  Cook pasta in 4 quarts water for 2 minutes less than package directions.  Add peas and ham to pasta and cook 2 more minutes.  Strain.  Place in bowl and add lemon juice mixture.  Mix well and top with remaining cheese.

I use the mini bow ties and finely diced ham to make it super easy for Aria to eat.  She really likes the bow ties.  She also isn't real fond of anything citrus, so I serve her up some before I add the sauce.  It is super fast, easy, and delicious!

No comments: