6.01.2011

Need

So tonight Aria had a little trouble falling asleep.  I really hope I'm not jinxing myself by writing this shortly after I think she is finally calmed down and asleep.  I wasn't home for the first part of the meltdown, but got to be a part of round 2.  I don't intend for this to sound like complaining or to make it seem as though we have trouble at bedtime because we normally don't.  Aria has done wonderfully going to sleep on her own and sleeping all night for a long, long time now.  But, occasionally we have bad dreams or just plain restlessness that get in the way.

As I was snuggling with my girl in her room for a few minutes to help her calm down, I thought to myself, she just needed her mama to help her feel safe and sound.  I thanked God for that moment of feeling needed because it doesn't happen as often with Miss Independent these days.  Then it dawned on me that as great as it feels to be needed as a mom here on Earth, how much our Father in Heaven must love it when we admit we need Him!  God doesn't want us to do it ourselves.  He wants us to rely on Him, to include Him in every part of our life.  He wants us to humble ourselves and admit we cannot live life with our own knowledge, wisdom, peace, etc.  What a great feeling to know we have someone who we can curl up in His arms and just be loved anytime we want!  Much more than my daughter needs me, Lord, I need You!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Amen! (and I like the "needing mommy" moments too...especialy when they involve cuddling!)