It's so nice to have a letter that is the beginning of so many things! S is for summer and swinging, swimming and slides! Yipee!
Bible: We read about Samson, Samuel, King Saul, and the snake. Samson was totally new to Aria and it was fun to introduce a new character. If nothing else, these letters of the week make us find new things in the Bible. Aria new the story of Samuel's birth, but we read more about his life and his connection to David.
Activities: As I indicated above, I didn't have to plan much of anything to have fun with the letter S. Aria would spend all day every day swinging if she could. She also enjoys slides, her swimming pool, and the sprinkler (sort of).
As much as she enjoys watching our big sprinkler, I couldn't get her to run through it. Only when I turned this smaller one on very low did she finally start to play. I've yet to take a picture of the soccer goals in our yard thanks to a cool idea from our friend Eadie. So far, Aria picks up the ball, puts it directly in front of the goal, then kicks it through. We'll work on no hands later. Can't forget the fun scooter from Grandma and Papa, either! We made snickerdoodle cookies together, which was more fun than regular cookies have been because you get to roll the dough ball in cinnamon/sugar. Aria especially liked that part. We made a visit to a splash pad with Grandma. We also got to have our friend Sophia and her family come over during S week!
People We Know: Sophia, Grandma Shirley, Sheena, Sue, Spencer, Stacey, Steve, Pastor Seth, Shari, Snuffy, Skip, Sammy, and Sally
Food: strawberries, snack bar, strawberry ice cream, (pizza) sauce, sausage, salsa, Snickers, smoothies (with a straw), snickerdoodles, sunflower seeds, sandwich, shrimp scampi, snow pea pods, spaghetti pie, Special K Blueberry cereal, steak, syrup, spinach
Pictures to Color: star, socks, strawberry, squirrel
Books: Suryia and Roscoe, Squirrels, Squirrel's Adventure in Alphabet Town, It's a Baby Australian Fur Seal
Songs: Frosty the Snowman...a strange request in the middle of summer, but then again she is 2. I had to look up the words but now I know it by heart! I'm sure there are a ton more, but that is the only one I remember singing that sort of starts with S.
No comments:
Post a Comment