6.30.2012

Rumpelstiltskin

Last week Aria and I attended a puppet show at the library.  This wasn't just any puppet show, but a once a year visit from the famous Cincinatti Madcaps Puppets.  The show was Rumpelstiltskin and Aria spent the next several days asking me, "what was that funny guy's name?"  I would proceed to tell her and she would laugh and declare it "so silly."  The puppets in the show were not your ordinary hand puppets, but lifesize dolls that the players use their whole bodies to manipulate.  In fact, the crazy lady in the story was a complete costume for one of the players.  It was put on by just one man and one woman and it was phenomenal!  They made the kids laugh, got audience participation, and had wonderful voices and actions for all the different characters.  I don't think Aria completely grasped the entire plot of Rumpelstiltskin, but she definitely enjoyed the show.  She clapped and laughed and followed along for the 45 minute show, mostly sitting still!  Her favorite part was the name Rumpelstiltskin and probably the character, too, because he was obnoxiously silly.  My favorite part was when they requested a "king" from the audience and choose a 15ish year old boy who had previously been sitting there with headphones in.  He reluctantly went up and followed the part, but couldn't quite do it with a smile.  I found it rather hilarious.  The library has great programs all year long, but this little show is definitely high on my list of the things we've been there for.  I will definitely be looking for it again next year and inviting our friends!

No comments: