9.15.2013

Apple Orchard

I wrote about Aria's first official day of preschool that happened last week, but actually the week before was our kick off field trip at an apple orchard.  It was a super fun morning!  For most of her life, Aria has clung to me and we've had difficulties dropping her off in the nursery at church or leaving her with babysitters, but apparently she is growing out of it!  I was so amazed at how she followed the "teacher" at the apple orchard and participated in the field trip without much care as to where I was.  It was great to see her listening, answering questions, and obeying the teacher's instructions.

They started with a lesson about apples and what helps them grow.


Then proceeded on a tour of the orchard visiting goats and picking their very own apple.




Next was the barn to see what they do with the apples after they pick them.  I enjoyed watching the apples go through their "shower."




And finally, (no picture available) a visit to the store, an apple story time, and a special bumblebee finger puppet prize.  We had a great conversation about what she learned and what she enjoyed in the car on our way out.  I'm looking forward to more and more of these opportunities in the coming year!

No comments: