9.18.2013

Recent Conversations

There is never a dull moment when conversing with a three-year-old.  I love her honest perspective of the world.  I try to write things down when she says them, but it never fails I forget a few.  Here are some I have captured recently.

Out of the blue one night at supper...

"When I get bigger I am going to fly airplanes and be the director of the airport."

Sounds like a good goal, however just the other day she told me she doesn't want to be the director anymore.

_______________________________


From some other room in the house, "Mooooo--oooom, what are you dooooo-ing?"
"I'm folding the laundry, Aria."
"Well hello folding the laundry!  How are you?"

_______________________________


"Mom, are you going to take a shower this morning?"
"Nope.  I took one last night right before I went to bed."
"Why did you do that?"
"Well, I ran on the treadmill and I was all sweaty so I wanted to be clean before I got into my bed."
"And you didn't want to get your smell on Daddy."

__________________________________


Our recent at home preschool lessons have been focused on the Creation story.  This morning I got interrupted with...

"Mom, God had plans for a whole week!"

And, reading the Jesus Storybook Bible the other day, the text said the first thing Adam and Eve saw when they were created was God's face.  I asked Aria what she thought was the first thing she saw when she was born.  She pointed to me.  I said...

"That's right! Right after you were born, the doctor put you right into my arms and I said, 'Hi Aria!  I love you."

Aria then said, "And I was like 'What in the world is this place?"


It just doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: