9.15.2013

Fire Pit!

The benefits of having a masonry contractor for a dad:


When you suggest a fire pit for a birthday present, thinking just a hole dug in the dirt with some stones laid in a circle will work great, instead you get an amazingly beautiful three layer capstoned ring of awesomeness!

I absolutely love fall and I've always wanted to be able to have a fire to sit around on cool evenings.  As a birthday present to me, my dad and Justin and Aria put this together in about 2 hours and I LOVE it! 

The construction:





Breaking it in with friends:




And the best reason for a fire pit...S'MORES!  Made with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, of course.





Extra bonus: Friends who have an outdoor movie screen they'll share to entertain the kids!  Best way to watch Veggie Tales!



And might I just add how amazing the weather was that we needed to snuggle under blankets for the movie! 

I want to use this thing every weekend!  Thanks, Dad!  You've always been great at crafting things of great beauty!

No comments: