9.01.2013

Geography

Okay just kidding.  I have one more post about vacation.  Kind of.  It is about vacation in general.  I decided I wanted to teach Aria about the geography of our world and our country so awhile back I bought a world map and a US map and hung them on the wall in our office.  One day I had an idea to put stickers on the places we've been on the US map (because we haven't been outside of North America).  So, our map filled up with Js and As on the states each of us has been to.  There are 25 states with Js on them and 11 states with As on them (plus one province with Js and A).  I've only been to a few places that Justin has not, otherwise if a state has a J, it likely has 2.  Also, I think it is pretty good that Aria has already been to 11 states at the age of 3.  When I went to Kansas City with the middle school group this summer, some of those kids had never been out of Iowa at 13 years old!  It is a very Midwest and east stickered map.  We're going to have to start planning some western trips.  Speaking of trips, when we got back from our vacation, I thought it would be fun to use a marker and draw the path of the trip we just took.  Now it has become our family vacation map.  There are 3 marker routes for our 3 family trips we've taken labeled with the year.  I decided not to draw in smaller weekend visits to places at this point.  Hopefully it will be really fun to watch it fill up as the years go on.  Plus I think it is a fun way to learn geography.


No comments: